How long will I be in treatment?
Our treatment program at GateHouse Treatment is unlike others in that we are not a 28-day program which essentially gives addicts and alcoholics a quick break from their using.
We recognize here that addiction is a complex disease that requires analysis of underlying causes, diagnosis of co-occurring mental health issues, investigation of past triggers, and aftercare planning in order to maintain long-term sobriety.
Our program runs anywhere from 3 to 6 months. The exact length of stay is discussed with the client on a case by case basis. Studies have shown that the longer a client stays in treatment, the better chance at long-term sobriety they will have.
GateHouse Treatment is where sobriety becomes a way of life.
What Should I Bring to Treatment?
Hygiene Products to Bring:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair styling products
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream
We ask that clients bring up to 10 days worth of clothing. We have washers and dryers on each property. Doing laundry is a part of the vital life skills development.
Clothing Recommended to Bring to Treatment
- Shoes: comfy shoes for everyday wear, tennis shoes for activities/sports and flip-flops for the shower.
- Shirts: if bringing tank tops, make sure you also pack cardigans to wear with them to comply with GateHouse’s dress code.
- Shorts: Shorts may have to be a certain length to comply with your center’s dress code
- Dress pants (khaki’s or dress pants)
- Button down shirts
- A bathing suit: Usually a one piece is required for women, swim trunks for men.
- Warm winter jacket
- Rain jacket
- A belt
Clients Are Responsible For:
- Vape/Vape products
- Chewing tobacco
- Medication copays and medication costs
- Drugs/drug paraphernalia and alcohol
- Narcotcs or prohibited prescriptions
- Food or drinks
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, etc.)
- Unapproved or previously opened OTC medications
- Nail polish, polish remover or synthetic related products
- Video games and DVDs
- Revealing clothing (tank tops, sleeveless shirts, midriff-baring tops, etc.)
- Areosol products
- Cleanign supplies (bleach, ammonia, etc.)
- Electronics (televisions, gaming consoles, etc.)
- Games and playing cards
- Candles and incense
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence
How will the GateHouse community benefit my recovery?
GateHouse Treatment is like a big family with one common purpose-to provide our clients with an environment conducive to recovery from alcohol and drugs. Our expertly trained, and professional staff will provide a safe learning environment for our clients. They will be in the hands of some of the industry’s best.
GateHouse Treatment looks to have clients who are genuinely interested and motivated to get sober. We look for motivated, driven individuals who are in treatment for the right reasons. This builds an environment of peer support, encouragement, and the group’s focus remains on recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
Our gender specific treatment programs of separate Women’s and Men’s communities are kept small and intimate to allow each client to benefit greatly from all that our staff and facility has to offer.
WHERE WILL I LIVE?
Our clients are provided spacious yet cozy living quarters that make them feel at home. We believe our clients make the farthest strides in their recovery when they are comfortable in their environments. Each client gets their personal space, in spacious rooms, allowing them to focus solely on themselves while in treatment. Men and Women are housed in different residences, attend separate programs, but all receive the same excellent care that GateHouse is known for.
The residences are well maintained and always kept clean and well maintained. The homey and warm décor feeling allows our clients to recover in a space that is safe, peaceful, and relaxed.
To take a look at our housing, go to visit our residences page to view our picture gallery. Please call our GateHouse Treatment admissions team with any questions you may still have. Our specialists are standing by 24/7 waiting to help you in anyway they can.